Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfajardo

How to turn off Guest Mode without PIN or factory reset

Jump to solution

How do i take the tv out of guest mode its my grandpas tv and he passed away i need help i do not have the pin?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to turn off Guest Mode without PIN or factory reset

Jump to solution

Log into his Roku account at https://my.roku.com, then scroll down to his linked devices.  Locate the device in question and disable guest mode.

Once logged in to your Roku account, scroll to the bottom of the page and adjust Guest Mode settings per device.Once logged in to your Roku account, scroll to the bottom of the page and adjust Guest Mode settings per device.

If you don't have his Roku account password but do have access to his email, you can use the Forgot password? link further down the login page.

Otherwise, Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. This will clear out the unit's memory and you'll then have to set it up again as though it were a new unit right out of the box.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Log into his Roku account at https://my.roku.com, then scroll down to his linked devices.  Locate the device in question and disable guest mode.

Once logged in to your Roku account, scroll to the bottom of the page and adjust Guest Mode settings per device.Once logged in to your Roku account, scroll to the bottom of the page and adjust Guest Mode settings per device.

If you don't have his Roku account password but do have access to his email, you can use the Forgot password? link further down the login page.

Otherwise, Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. This will clear out the unit's memory and you'll then have to set it up again as though it were a new unit right out of the box.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Jump to solution

Yes Im trying rest my jvc smart tv

0 Kudos