Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mysterious1234
Channel Surfer

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

Email support don’t use the website contact page it doesn’t work.  Email them directly you may need the free HDMI extender or your device maybe too close to a heat source or the device is faulty. Just email support and they will address the issue

0 Kudos
pinkwitch1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How would I do that email thing if the support page is not telling me a contact address?  So far I have moved the device out just a hair after letting it cool down, and things seem fine.  

0 Kudos
Mysterious1234
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Email customersupport@roku.com they will be happy to help

0 Kudos
Traciamc

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

I have bought and am using the extender, the tv is cool and I have unplugged the streaming stick and let it cool down for a couple of hours several times but the overheating message persists. What can we do? 

0 Kudos
Josie3

Jump to solution

My SN is not working. 

0 Kudos
pinkwitch1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It has been many weeks now since I asked the question on everyone's mind, and what I did was move the device from the bottom of the tv, where it had lived content for many moons, and place it on a stone to disseminate the heat.  Now it is doing fine.  Notably, Roku itself never replied, so I am taking the time to give my own helpful hint.  I think it was a glitch, there were many on many types of devices in that period of time, in Roku-land.  It seems they have gotten over it.  TG for that.

0 Kudos
OG
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

pinkwitch1

I had basically done the same thing with mine some time ago. I simply put it on a stone coaster, (which acts as a heat sink), and have not gotten the overheat message since.

0 Kudos
pinkwitch1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Remarkable how low tech solutions work best in most cases, isn't it?  LOL

0 Kudos
Gina2021

Jump to solution

There is absolutely no issue with my internet nor my modem, however, my roku overheats every couple hours. No other devices have any issue whatsoever. This is, without question, a roku issue. I'm switching to Fire stick. 

pinkwitch1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Gina,, please read my solution above.  Use a coaster or stone to disseminate the heat build up: I have now been using the roku steadily for weeks after the original complaint with no problems at all.  Best of luck it might work for you......so lo tech, I know.