Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lep1

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

We have Roku premiere not the stick and just started getting the overheating message. We’ve had the Roku in the same spot for over one year without any problems. Not near any other electronics and not in an enclosed cabinet. Plugged into the outlet for power. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Sashazur
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve had a Roku streaming stick with an HDMI extender in the exact same spot behind my TV for almost 2 years - nothing has moved or changed, room temperature is probably lower now that fall is starting, and we use it for about the same amount of time every night, but last night for the first time we got an overheating message about half an hour after we started watching. I wiggled the stick and blew on it and we didn’t see it again for the rest of the night. I don’t think this is caused by a recent update since uptime shows as 31 days (I assume it would have restarted after updating).

0 Kudos

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to me.... 6 months great, no issues, then all of sudden after awhile, it overheads daily!

0 Kudos
jaysicle

Jump to solution

Five months fine, now the overheat message is appearing. Ambient near device is same as when installed - 19°C. Where is the support? Can I take it back to Best Buy for a replacement?

I see tens of posts for this, and to PM Danny. How do we do that? I don't see that in the profile or anywhere else.

0 Kudos
Paulogs
Reel Rookie

Roku premiere keeps over heating

Jump to solution

My roku premiere is over heating too, I've tried everything. Changed cables, reset it  turned it on and off. Its in cool area but it gets red hot..  I don't really see a fix for this on the threads it seems to me a fault with roku players 

0 Kudos
Mysterious1234
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku premiere keeps over heating

Jump to solution

Contact support and get HDMI extender I had a nightmare as soon as I plugged in the extension good to go. The extension hangs out doesn’t look the greatest but it works 💯 percent 

0 Kudos
pinkwitch1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

my tv suddenly gave me the message that my device was over heating and I decided to get the free hdmi extender but the form that you fill out will not accept my numbers for the stick.  at least I assume it is a stick: I got it aftermarket.  since this is a recent development I am wondering if recent issues with roku hardware relate to recent updates in software.  Last week it was a total eclipse of the sun deal when all the channels suddenly went dark for a day due to a glitch.  seriously, why is this happening?  I have been with this company for ten years with no problems at all.

You are not even replying to your customers.  

0 Kudos
Paulogs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Get intouch with live support, mine is in warranty and I've been offered a replacement, I had to return my old one for another to be sent out.. they said 1 - 5 days for it to be sent out its now 7 days.. I live in hope..I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
pinkwitch1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I will try but this is an after market product, so no warranty.  May be time to upgrade to a new tv ..... christmas is here.

Rosa1

Jump to solution

I keep getting the overheating message when trying to use my Roku. What else can I do I have unplugged it and let it cool for a couple days and trying to reuse it and it still pops right back up. 

0 Kudos