Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jober
Reel Rookie

Re: How to save preferred (default) Guest Mode settings

Jump to solution

I'm in a similar situation. I have a TV app to provide the "Cable TV service" that needs to stay logged in. But I need a button the guest can click to reset any credentials they may have added to use apps like Netflix, Hulu, HBOmax and others. It could also be like the Guest Mode does with the pick the checkout date. It would be more of a Hotel/Hospitality Mode.

I would also like to know if there is a way to Lock the Roku devices so the guests can't add or delete apps.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@joberwrote:

I would also like to know if there is a way to Lock the Roku devices so the guests can't add or delete apps.

You can create a PIN for your account, which will prevent anyone from installing channels or making purchases on your account. But the PIN will not prevent someone removing a channel.

That said, I don't believe the PIN is active on a device in Guest Mode. There's no way someone can make a purchase to your account in this mode, and even if they add or remove a channel it won't impact any other Roku devices on that user account, and everything would be reset when Guest Mode was terminated.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Jcilas1977
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m trying to get out of guest mode which I’ve been stuck in since April 2022. No one has come up with the right answer yet I’ve tried some things that were sent and they didn’t work. I don’t even know how I got stuck in guest mode. I want to add streaming channel and couldn’t because I’m in guest mode. So frustrating. Jcilas1977

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jcilas1977

Guest mode is disabled on your Roku user account web page (https://my.roku.com). It's right there on the home page when you log in. Scroll down the page to your linked devices, and each device has a link to enable/disable Guest Mode.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
wturnerharris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How are you stuck? What have you been told to do?

Did you forget the PIN code?

While in guest mode, if I navigate to Main menu,” there’s an item for “Guest mode Options, then to log out there’s a “sign Out now” item. You should still be able to add channels and login, but higher permission to purchase or other actions will be restricted until you logout of Guest mode. When you logout of Guest mode, all those channels and logins will be erased. Once you are signed or it will restart and it will enter Guest mode default screen. From there, use the asterisks button to reveal the “Disable Guest Mode” option. Once activated, you will need your pin, and it will restart and put you back into main user mode.

0 Kudos