Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any channel playback issues.

As a first step, could you try to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

If the issue still persists, please provide specific details about the issue you are experiencing and provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Lora
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting!

I am having the same issue. Every single channel gives me an error code saying to check my HDMI cables. I've rebooted several times and still the same ole song and dance. I will try your fix. Hopefully it will work.

Extremely frustrated at this point.

Lora

0 Kudos
Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just wanted to let you know as a user, I think Roku is trying to fix it but it honestly isn't happening with every customer. My mother had no issues and it was driving me nuts all week. But when I did what Danny asked and sent him the information from the log box, he was able to get it fixed. I would try it. Press the home button five times and then the back button five times. A box will pop up along with all of your information about your device but it will also give a ticket ID or issue ID so they can go specifically to your stuff to look at it.  I did that last night and this morning when I got up the software update rolled back my version. I was just as irate as everybody is on here because it's been 3 days. But I didn't find the post until last night to know what to do to get it fixed.

GregLakes
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They act like they don't even know it's an issue

0 Kudos
Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It will take a few hours for the IT department to get to your issue. I sent DannyRoku-R my information last night. I woke up this morning and the software update had been corrected. The people answering the phone honestly don't know what's going on. They're trying to get to everything but they got to get the information and then send it to the IT department. That's why it was quicker to just private message Danny the information and be patience. This morning my living room TV is completely back to normal.

GregLakes
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If I only knew how to 'private message' Danny.

0 Kudos
Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

At the top is a little envelope icon. You can click on it and it will take you to the message center. You click on new message.  Under username, you type DannyRoku-R and he will appear for you to click on. Then in the message you put all the information from the log box that appears on your device after you hit the home button five times in the back button five times. I hope that helps.

scallander

Jump to solution

Mine is broken too, I’ve set my Roku to factory reset, I’ve reset the internet, I’ve unplugged my Roku to see if that worked. Nothing has worked and thinking about switching to a product that does work. Ever since the update, it has said that my internet isn’t connected even though it is connected. It takes FOREVER for the show to load then freezes in the middle of the show. When is this problem going to be resolved? I have a Roku streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If I want to watch Sling TV I have to remove the app then reinstall it. Then go through the user id and password log in before I can watch it. It's like the Roku system doesn't keep it activated on my account.

0 Kudos
Davidw4556

Jump to solution

I have a same problem none of the apps will loading separate Netflix the connections for the system update is really slow or nonexistent and I can't get any of my other apps to work

0 Kudos