Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue with not having access to Airplay or Homekit, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-did you have Airplay or Homekit before? if so, when did you start seeing this issue occur?
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brotatori
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay and casting video don't work on Roku Express 4k+ 3941x running 10.5.0

Roku 7234X

YN00G8544363

10.5.0 build 4210-40

Airplay / homekit worked perfectly on 10.0 and also after when the rollback was granted. stopped working on 10.5

not that i haven’t communicated this already….

mnw999
Streaming Star

Same as above post. I've already posted the requested info in this thread.

Stopped working on 10.5 update. Worked on 10.0 roll back. Stopped working again on 10.5.

This is the same behavior for everyone.

0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

Just a reminder for support staff:

We are going on 2 months without a resolution now.

New reports of HomeKit/Airplay not working on 10.5 almost every day here: https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/qw3ac7/tcl_roku_tv_update_broke_homekitairplay/

D123
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k Screen Mirroring Not Working

Hello,

I recently purchased the Roku Express 4k (#rokuexpress4k) and for some reason airplay and screen mirroring are not working. I have tried everything from resetting the network to the Roku to my phone and none of it has worked. For some reason it just doesn’t show up as a device that i can mirror to. When i tried to look it up there was nothing that was helpful and there is no support to call. Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R @RokuMary-F 

So something definitely happens about 10-15 minutes after boot that kills the Airplay and HomeKit app. I had the Airplay/HomeKit settings "app" open and it crashed out at that time.

• AirPlay Version 3.3.0.54
  • App Version 30.172.0
  • App Engine 10.1.0 (roku4-10R70):apple
  • Streaming Engine 2.15.18
0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

Here's a video (not mine, another affected customer): https://imgur.com/gallery/VvUv9uQ

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4k Screen Mirroring Not Working

@D123

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? Do you see Airplay and Homekit in your Roku device Settings?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
D123
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

I've checked my connection and it says that it is good. My phone and my roku are on the same network. I see Apple Airplay and Homekit on my roku, and airplay is on and it requires code "first time only". Screeen mirroring mode is set to "prompt" and there are no blocked devices. I'm able to connect my roku express 4k to the roku app.

When I try to airplay from my iphone (ios15.2), the roku does not show up on my phone's airplay or screen mirroring menu. Other devices, such as my appletv or my computer, do show up in that menu. I've tried screen mirroring and airplaying, but it doesn't show up in my phone's list of options to choose from. I've tried with my roommates' phones as well and none of them see my roku, but they do see other devices. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

If it's not shown as a destination screen, there's something incorrect with your network. The most likely cause is a security setting that blocks wireless devices from seeing other devices on the network. If you're using WiFi labeled as "guest" access, it's certainly enabled. It's a setting somewhere within the settings on your router/access point.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos