Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leop
Reel Rookie

How many roku devices can i have in my house?

Jump to solution

I tried to install a 4th roku device in my house and it wouldn't activate. Called to activate and I was told 3 was the limit in my house. Is there anyway around this? A premium service or something. Googled and googled found no answer for this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How many roku devices can i have in my house?

Jump to solution

I suspect you were not connected to the actual https://roku.com/link site but to one of the scamners who have set up bogus Roku support sites to try to extort unwary users.  You can reach these sites via some common typographical errors when typing the site address or by bogus sites that come up when you do searches on some search engines.

Until very recently I had 5 Rokus linked, although two were not being used. As far as I know there is no limit to the number of Rokus you can have on one account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy

Jump to solution

I suspect you were not connected to the actual https://roku.com/link site but to one of the scamners who have set up bogus Roku support sites to try to extort unwary users.  You can reach these sites via some common typographical errors when typing the site address or by bogus sites that come up when you do searches on some search engines.

Until very recently I had 5 Rokus linked, although two were not being used. As far as I know there is no limit to the number of Rokus you can have on one account.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

leop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok I  now I feel stupid but I gave them my password because I thought I was connected to real roku? What ido I need to do? cancel the account or what?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Don't take my response as official, I'm just a user like you.

Try to log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com if you can and change your password in the hope that they haven't changed it already and locked you out of your account.

0 Kudos
Mistyluv1

Jump to solution

I was told there is a one time $99.00 fee to activate or a 5 year for $65.00 dollars. Is this true?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

THAT IS A SCAM!  You can have as many as you want.  When linking a new device, make sure you go to https://my.roku.com/link

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Mistyluv1 wrote:

I was told there is a one time $99.00 fee to activate or a 5 year for $65.00 dollars. Is this true?

NO, NO, NO! You were not talking to Roku, but scammers that try to trick you. Use the link that @renojim posted above to connect your device to your account. There is no fee of any kind for activation or having multiple devices. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Moturick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There DOES appear to be a limit of 3 per account. I bought 6 and had no problem activating 3. On the fourth and fifth, no activation email was sent. After several tries I then used a different email address, set up a new account, and the received activation emails. My experience has nothing to do with any scamming or bogus links. Not sure why there is a limit since streaming purchases on the same account would be legitimate, but that is how it is. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Moturick  You are allowed up to 20 Roku devices on one account 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Moturick wrote:

There DOES appear to be a limit of 3 per account. 

I just counted the number on my account, and there's ten devices listed. Only one of them is not in use, so I have 9 active devices. I've had more than three for many, many years. That is not the limit.

Why you had issues, I have no idea. Some users have reported successful activation by using a phone hotspot to do the initial setup, then switching to the home network. I know, that doesn't make any sense. But it's worked for many users, so it's always worth a try.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos