Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do you record a show for later viewing?

Jump to solution

@Jiggspierson27 You didn't actually ask anything other than the subject line, but I'll answer that. Roku devices are not recording devices, period. There is zero way for a Roku player to record anything. Roku TVs have a way to pause OTA broadcasts, but you can't save something to watch later. If you change the channel, you lose whatever you've saved in the pause.

Some channels available on Roku devices do have ways to record for later viewing. But this is either a cloud storage method, or a network tuner such as an HDHomeRun that can record OTA broadcasts if there's an external hard drive attached to the network tuner. The Roku itself is not doing any of the recording. It's merely providing a user interface for the device that actually does the recording.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.