Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbielak88

Goes to Roku bouncing letters when watching a show for more than an hour

I’ll be watching a show and it will stop and the letters “Roku” will show up on the screen and they will bounce around. I try to use the remote to stop it and go back to the original content but short of exiting entirely and going back into the player and re-selecting the episode, nothing seems to work. How do I stop this from happening or is there at least a button I’m supposed to use to get it to go back to the show? I don’t know why it’s happening or what I’m doing wrong to stop it. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Goes to Roku bouncing letters when watching a show for more than an hour

Hi @dbielak88,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? 
4. Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku logo screen? 
5. Lastly, if you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if the Roku device is experiencing the same issue. Once the device is getting past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dbielak88

I just bought it and it’s been doing it ever since

it happens during all channels

i am using the USB port to my Nintendo switch 

I have not tried a factory reset as I’ve only had it a couple days and wasn’t anticipating issues.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dbielak88,

Thanks for following up.

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the Nintendo, try powering from a wall outlet via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku. We would also recommend trying all the steps I posted above to see if that resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos