Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okaussie3
Roku Guru

Get No Connection every day when using Britbox

I have a Roku Streaming stick + and since the last update every time I use Britbox and only Britbox, once I pick the program and it starts to play I get the "No Connection " error.   However the audio continues to play.  The Video error then goes away and everything is fine.  I called Britbox and the first words out of their mouths were "it's not our problem."

I have noticed that no one else has reported this issue.  Am I the only one?  So what's wrong and what's the fix??

Tia

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Get No Connection every day when using Britbox

Does your screen go blank and then display a "No connection" message?  Is it coming from your TV rather than the Roku stick?  Try changing the "Auto-adjust refresh rate" setting under Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Auto-adjust display refresh rate.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
okaussie3
Roku Guru

My screen goes BLUE when I pick the program.  Then when it comes back with the program, it starts and 
I have video and audio, about 2 seconds in the Video shows the OOPS No Connections screen , audio still is playing.  Then all the sudden the error goes away and the video is restored.  It is doing this about once a day.  Not every time within a 24 hour period.  Just one time a day.  As I reported earlier, Britbox's response is, it's not their issue..   I would feel lost if this quit happening.  I get the audio and can listen to my problem while I wait for the video to fix itself..

TIA

0 Kudos
okaussie3
Roku Guru

BTW, I have had Britbox ever since I purchased the Streaming Stick + two years ago with out any problems till now.  I also have Acorn TV and have yet to have a problem with it..

0 Kudos
okaussie3
Roku Guru

I removed Britbox, then added Britbox.  Seems to work okay now.  Will continue to monitor..

0 Kudos
okaussie3
Roku Guru

didn't work.  Still get it once a day.  I did find that it only does it on "Silent Witness" TV show and no other on Britbox.  And the other streaming services I have, have no such problem at all..

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @okaussie3

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. Since the issue only occurs on specific content within the BritBox channel, we highly recommend reaching out to BritBox Support to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific content that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact them here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos