Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FuboTV Multiview updates on adding

Is there any plan in the works that will have Multiview on FuboTV.? Fubo has it for Apple TV. Fubo support also recommends Roku? FuboTV is advertising heavily about multiview? What’s going on here! Do I need to go to Apple TV to get this feature.

15 REPLIES 15
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: FuboTV Multiview updates on adding

Hi @larsenjrcarl

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.  

You can reach them here: FuboTV Help Center

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Scottzo

Not a good response at all. I’ve inquired about this very topic. Roku needs to develop a device powerful enough to support multiview. 
If you’re looking to lose customers to Apple TV keep ignoring our requests for a solid response. 

DoobieD
Reel Rookie

What the **bleep** kind of answer is that? Answer the man's question. When will Roku be able to do Fubo MultiView?

OtisOlive

Yeah FuboTV seems to be very subpar compared to other streaming service.  Total garbage they developed for service with 2% of the market and not one for 65% of the market.  They must be getting kickbacks from Apple and I will be looking to switch streaming services.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DoobieD @OtisOlive

Thanks for the posts.

As previously mentioned, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. We would recommend reaching out to the channel provider to assist you further regarding your inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tom817
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R@, @RokuKariza-D 

Respectfully, the replies are overlooking at least one dimension of the point.  Do not confine your thinking solely to one channel provider.  For example, just this week, there was an auto race, baseball playoff game, and football game all on simultaneously that we were interested in.  With multi-viewing capability on some platforms, it would be possible to split a 4k screen into 4 quadrants and tune desired programming in each.  Bringing the focus to any single quadrant plays the audio, and bonus points for being able to enable captioning in the others.

I'm asking for the Roku platform to aspire to source and display, up to 4 different channels simultaneously, in the above example, NBCSports, FoxSports, & NFL Sunday Ticket.  Rabbitears.info indicates that the OTA broadcast data rates for the OTA versions of those programs topped out at ~13Mbit/sec so, 4x what would be compressed versions of those streams should be less than 50 Mbit/s and potentially quite a bit lower.  Within the capability of a 2.4GHz wireless network to achieve, let alone a 5GHz wireless or a wired connection.

The demand is there.  This thread, and others past demonstrate it.  Fubo delivers multiview because their subscribers want it, and Apple hardware supports it.  Dish delivers similar functionality.  DirecTV has some as well.

11.5 seems to have focused on content discovery and some new hardware features in listening.  May we have these viewing enhancements in the next round, please?

Tags (2)
Trebilic
Reel Rookie

So are you trying to say that Roku HW and SW teams have no idea how Apple is able to work with FuboTV to provide this capability?

Tom817
Binge Watcher

Greetings @Trebilic

@Trebilicwrote:

So are you trying to say that Roku HW and SW teams have no idea how Apple is able to work with FuboTV to provide this capability?

No, I don't think that summarizes my post at all. On infrequent occasions, I review the developer docs and the available SOC specifications. Roku would not be one of the leading, preferred platforms, nor would they have my money or my recommendation to friends and family, if I thought their position was attributable to price alone, and not to some technical and marketing merit. I am not overlooking that the platform appears to make money for its advertisers as well.

@Scottzo& @DoobieDDoobieD both pointed out that the @RokuKariza-D 's response was boilerplate and not well comprehending of the lack of platform capability. FuboTV can't build what the platform doesn't support. I see Roku forum representatives pass feedback to product teams on occasion. I wrote a description of some functionality that I believe was underappreciated in the OP's post, offered up a real-life use case, some relevant technical details, and brief examples of competitors in the market with comparable capabilities to illustrate demand, for the benefit of the product planner(s) to consider the idea.

May I ask if you have a platform, you enjoy Multiview on? What is good about it, what could be better?

Trebilic
Reel Rookie

I was actually trying to agree with your post, and more replying to @RokuDanny-R. I have a number of TCL TVs with Roku built in and additionally I have a number of Ultra devices. I currently use FuboTV and would really like the Multi-View feature to be supported on Roku devices. Seems as though it is only available on AppleTV devices. Seems like there is something besides the platform that might be keeping Roku from supporting this. Maybe Apple has an exclusive deal with Fubo.