Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free channels not showing up in Search?

Jump to solution

Why does Roku think I will pay for something I am looking for when in 5 years I never once paid or anything but when I search for a certain movie or tv show it wants me to pay for it but when I search my many free channels it comes up but roku does not tell me it is free on a channel and only gives me the ad channels. If you do not want to give out free content, then don't and be a man and admit you are trying to scam people. 

Also, why is it when I look up a certain movie or tv show from the past then you claim it doesn't exist?  Roku is just another scam site setting it sights on the uneducated of the world and there are too many of them. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Free channels not showing up in Search?

Jump to solution

@amazingjimi

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku Search for channel content is only available if the channel provider allows so.

For more information about having a channel's content to show up on Roku Search, you will need to contact the channel provider for a request or suggestion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Free channels not showing up in Search?

Jump to solution

@amazingjimi

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku Search for channel content is only available if the channel provider allows so.

For more information about having a channel's content to show up on Roku Search, you will need to contact the channel provider for a request or suggestion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos