Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcathome
Streaming Star

Filter is missing after you press the Options (*) key.

Filter is missing after you press the Options (*) key.

Roku TV C107X TCL Model 43S425
Filter is missing and when I select Favorites on the left it will not channel up or down with favorite channel's. It goes to the next channel. It worked yesterday. I have favorites OTA and Streaming. I did a factory reset and its still missing.Roku TV C107X TCL Model 43S425 Filter Issue.jpg

How it used to work...

Press the Left arrow. The "Guide" should be displayed.
Press "Left" a few times again, until the channel number is displayed.
Then press the Options (*) key.
Then choose "Filter" from the options.
Select "Favorites" from the list, press "OK".
Then press "OK" a couple more times to get back to live TV.

6 REPLIES 6
JCK
Channel Surfer

Re: Filter is missing after you press the Options (*) key.

Same problem, perhaps a recent update got rid of it? Why would they get rid of the filter without updating the documentation?! The following page still states how to access filter but of course as you mention it is no longer there.

How to filter the channel guide

You can filter the Live TV Channel Guide to display all channels (minus any hidden channels), an automatically generated list of recently watched channels, or your favorite channels. When the channel guide is filtered, only the channels that are part of the filtered view appears. Use the following steps to filter the channel guide.

1. Open the Channel options menu
  2. Select Filter
  3. Choose All channels, Recents, or Favorites

https://support.roku.com/article/4420557730839 

I ended up having to hide all channels that I had not favorited so that even when it displays All Channels it just shows my favorites. Hope they fix this.

Edit: Looks like some others have reported the same at:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/filter-option-missing-from-the-channel-option...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Favorite-channels-suddenly-stopped-working/m-...

socisse
Reel Rookie

I started having this issue today. Seems to randomly happen, was there a working fix for this? I was in chat with support but accidentally closed my web page

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@socisse

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
socisse
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I bought my tv in september.

In the LIVE TV app, at first when I went to the side menu to manage channels there was a FILTER option. With this option you could select if the channel list was either ALL CHANNELS or FAVORITES.
I started my tv once, got notified that my tv updated successfully. Opened the live tv and THAT FILTER FUNCTION is gone.

Didn't really get any troubleshooting other than checking version number.. the person in chat support clearly was not in position to know how to fix this. I saw in the community that many people are getting this. Sound like a dev issue here.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@socisse

Thanks for the post.

When on the channel list screen, have you tried navigating to the far left to see if you are able to see the filters again?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
socisse
Reel Rookie

It is not there. There isnt a ton of options and tabs to navigate on this TV and remote control. So yes I did try everything and looked everywhere. The filter just vanished. Maybe a factory reset could fix it, but I dont really have time to do this. But since there is no concrete way to figure this one out, no need to try to fix it. I will factory reset it one day that I have time. And if it doesnt work its ok, life goes on and tv still works.

0 Kudos