Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erika0922

Favorite channel or antenna guide

Jump to solution

With the new roku 2020 did they do away with favorites in the guide for live tv on ota? Or how can we favorite them again, because the new layout only has a list for all channels or recents. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Favorite channel or antenna guide

Jump to solution

@Erika0922 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Auto Favorites feature has been moved to the Recent Channels view. In addition, the All Channels view will no longer be ordered based on the channels in Auto Favorites.

You will be able to show/hide OTA channels and OTT streaming channels. For more information about how to do this, visit our Support page here: How do I find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide?

We look forward to having additional channel management features in the future.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Erika0922 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Auto Favorites feature has been moved to the Recent Channels view. In addition, the All Channels view will no longer be ordered based on the channels in Auto Favorites.

You will be able to show/hide OTA channels and OTT streaming channels. For more information about how to do this, visit our Support page here: How do I find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide?

We look forward to having additional channel management features in the future.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dadoiron
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Favorite channel doesn't work in the recent channels, nothing is there.

The recent update made my Roku TV experience **bleep**. 

TCL 55S405

SW 9.4 build 4200-30

Can I roll it back to where it was tolerable?

Dadoiron
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Most users (me too) just want to set our favorites and see overall complete channel list.

It's not hard to program.

?????

zLNYz

Jump to solution

Why can't the channel listing be updated to allow individual users to select & mark OTA (and possibly even Streaming) channels as FAVORITES so that they are grouped together and appear first in our TV listings? I'm sure there are more than a few of us who have a lot of available OTA channels, but consistently access only a handful among them. The RECENT CHANNELS listing choice is seriously  lacking compared to the formerly labeled Favorites listing -  especially with the added Streaming Channels in the mix - which just 2 days ago abruptly added hundreds of channels to the channel listing on my TCL Roku TV. It was quite frustrating to suddenly have to scroll though dozens of numbers to get from channel 2 to 68, then back to 7, etc.  When I couldn't figure out how to remove the  streaming channels from my listing, I came here for guidance. So I was, thankfully, able to clear the added streaming channels to make channel changing a bit easier, but learning that the convenience of the Favorites listing has been discontinued is very disappointing.

stevengreg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Recent Channels is not acting the same as Auto Favorites. It seems to only be adding Streaming Channels that I have checked out one time and none of the OTA Channels I watch every day. Is that the way it is supposed to work?

Thanks,
Steven

0 Kudos
Gtellex24

Jump to solution

This feature is not working. When I hit the left direction and then the star button nothing happens. I don't get an option to select Most Recent channels. Need help.

0 Kudos
jeffdoc

Jump to solution

Same here- most ridiculous system I've ever encountered. Even my "favorites" are not listed....and can't get rid of "oops" channels (I don't understand Spanish, sorry)....

Can't imagine who thought this was a good idea....

0 Kudos
SweetDiane89
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do I make a thumbs down on Roku-Danny R's reply?  😞

0 Kudos
UUbuntu

Jump to solution

OK.  It took me a while to figure out this Favorites stuff, but it now works.

Assuming you've done that initial antenna scan (or re-scan), you probably have anywhere from 50 channels (if antenna only) to several hundred channels (if you enable the Roku streaming option). You want to pare down that list to your favorite 5 or 10 channels, and only watch those, without having to scroll through all of them.

To do this, you'll need to favorite a few of them:

Launch the antenna option -- some live TV program should be active. 
Press the Options (*) key, and choose "Manage Channels", then "Favorite Channels".  
Select the channels you want to keep, and press the menu key to exit.

Once you have your favorites added, you need to change the system to only display your favorite channels

Start with an ordinary live TV program should be active. 
Press the Left arrow.  The "Guide" should be displayed. 
Press "Left" a few times again, until the channel number is displayed. 
Then press the Options (*) key.   
Then choose "Filter" from the options.  
Select "Favorites" from the list, press "OK". 
Then press "OK" a couple more times to get back to live TV.

You should be able to scroll only through Favorites now. 

It took me a little while to figure this out. Hopefully it will save others this aggravation.