Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senveera

Factory Reset leads to Error Code 005 - Getting into vicious Loop not able to activate

Hi,

I had did factory reset of my Sharp Roku TV. It restarted and got into checking for update and errored with code 005. I tried suggestions from other posts as well upgrading the software through USB. No luck. Some error in the upgrade routine. While trying USB upgrade, following the support article https://support.roku.com/article/212361468, got the error "Contents of the update file are invalid".

The article mentions that "If you see an error message saying, Contents of the update file are invalid, then your Roku TV is already running the most current version of software."

In spite of having latest version of software, there is some bug in the activation workflow for this TV which stops the update process with error code 005. 

Roku model=5318X

SerialNumber=2N000F255778

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Senthilkumar

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Factory Reset leads to Error Code 005 - Getting into vicious Loop not able to activate

Hi @senveera,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue. 

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
TKoester

Re: Factory Reset leads to Error Code 005 - Getting into vicious Loop not able to activate

Having exact same issue, 005 error will not let me update Roku on new tv.  Thanks

0 Kudos
ezmats77

Having the same problem with my Shark Roku.  Contents of the updated file is invalid,  yet it will not connect to the internet.

0 Kudos