Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvman1
Channel Surfer

Ending screensaver exits running app

New problems with my two Roku 3800 Streaming Stick with update to Software Version 10.  When pausing a program and the screensaver kicked in, when hitting play to resume, it would exit the app running and randomly start a different app, or even install a new app.  It happened with the screensaver starting in all wait times.  I had used the Aquatic Life screensaver, then switched to the Cityscape and had the same problem, then went to the digital clock, and it seems to be OK now.  I didn't have these problems with the 2 screensavers before the update.  Update 198 didn't fix the problem, but fixed the non-functioning volume control on the remote.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Ending screensaver exits running app

Pressing play on a screen saver with ads, does normally go to the advertised channel.  As I recall, there's a little icon that indicates that pressing play takes you there - though it's a bit tiny.  I switched to clock screen savers years ago to avoid having to think about this;

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ending screensaver exits running app

Never use Play/Pause or OK to dismiss/exit a screensaver.  You never know what Roku will foist upon you.  Always use some other button then press Play to resume your video.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos