Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mimi27
Reel Rookie

Don't have the search option

Jump to solution

In the home page I only have three main options:

Home 

Streaming channels

Settings

I don't have the my feed and the search button. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I don't get the roku search option on the roku main screen

Jump to solution

@Mimi27 @Leocruzzz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Search feature is available in English in the following regions: Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. If you are not located in those regions, the Roku Search option will not be available.

For more information regarding Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Leocruzzz
Reel Rookie

I don't get the roku search option on the roku main screen

Jump to solution

I don't get the roku search option on the roku main screen, I don't know if it's because of my geographical location

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mimi27 @Leocruzzz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Search feature is available in English in the following regions: Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. If you are not located in those regions, the Roku Search option will not be available.

For more information regarding Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mimi27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer,

But why isn't this displayed anywhere in the frontline? Because I bought it thinking that I would get whatever is advertised and at the end I got missing menu options and of course hundreds of channels are missing because of my location. Is there any way to fix that?

Maasray

Jump to solution

I'm in Florida.  Pretty sure that counts as United States.  There is no search option on the Roku channel on my Sanyo TV.  The Roku app that I downloaded to my kindle does have a search option, so I'm currently using that, but it's not an acceptable workaround.  Please fix this, Roku!

Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Mimi27 @Leocruzzz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

Why are simple menu options blocked behind geofencing? Can you please provide an explanation for this decision as it does not make any sense.

Jump to solution

Hi I live in Trinidad (Caribbean) so I understand the option is not available, however I don’t see apps like Amazon prime and Disney which I hav and can access in my country

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @RacquelSaunders

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mokhtar

Re: Don't have the search option

Jump to solution

@Mimi27 

Hi i had same issue, cant search for channels. Deactivate your roku account. The signup again and re-link your device.

0 Kudos
Carolynff

Re: Don't have the search option

Jump to solution

As of 10-23-21 my search option is gone. That's what I like to use the best. It makes Roku much easier. As far as my feed option mine is still there but it doesn't help with holding any of my shows I am keeping up with. Roku is new for me. I is hard for me to navigate. The search I will call Roku to ask about. Maybe you can call on what's missing from your home page. Mine in express 4k. It seems strange you are missing all the other choices that I still have. I Dont know what updates do to the format. 

0 Kudos