Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does roku work in Austria (Europe)?

Jump to solution

@strange_guy 

Roku has different regions where it is supported. Everywhere else is Rest Of The World (RotW). Roku allows app developers to support in the regions they choose, including RotW. However, many app developers choose to not support their apps in regions where Roku itself isn't supported. Amazon is one of those. Do not expect Amazon Prime Video to work outside Roku-supported regions. Same with Disney, and many others.

I realize you're hoping for someone with actual experience in Austria, and I'm only offering additional information to help explain what to expect and to consider along with any responses you get.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

the-ba

Jump to solution

I am Austrian and can confirm that Disney+ and Amazon Prime do not work. Searching channels does not work either. WTF!?! Netflix is doing fine.

I could not be more disappointed. Will replace it by another Amazon product...

0 Kudos
SimonAT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Christian, I did not buy a roku, but Ended up buying a xiamo Mi TV Box that comes with Android TV. I can only recomend it, all Android TV Apps work perfectly, Chromecast built in and you are able to connect all Bluetooth audio devices. 

0 Kudos
strange_guy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ah, that's disappointing. I had hoped that Prime Video at least would work as Roku is now available in Germany and Amazon.de covers both Austria and Germany. Thank you for the heads up!

0 Kudos
strange_guy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Simon,

Thank you, I was specifically interested in the Roku for the out of the box Airplay support. I have an Apple TV already but thought the Roku could be a cheap alternative for a second screen - but I guess not...

0 Kudos
Sabity

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Just to say that Roku has still limitations in Austria (no Disney+ or Amazon).