Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NP71
Reel Rookie

Does a streaming stick work on a Roku Smart TV?

Jump to solution

Does a streaming stick work on a Roku Smart TV? In other words, does the stick "override" the internal mechanisms in the smart TV? Or is the stick useless on the Roku Smart TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does a streaming stick work on a Roku Smart TV?

Jump to solution

You can use any Roku device on a RokuTV.  It's just another connected device like a cable box or Blu-ray player that connects via HDMI.  Using your TV remote you'd select the input the stick is connected to and then switch to using the stick's remote.  You can have the TV always power on to the sticks input, but if you wanted to switch its input to something else (e.g., Blu-ray player), you'd have to press Home on your TV's remote and then select the other input.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does a streaming stick work on a Roku Smart TV?

Jump to solution

You can use any Roku device on a RokuTV.  It's just another connected device like a cable box or Blu-ray player that connects via HDMI.  Using your TV remote you'd select the input the stick is connected to and then switch to using the stick's remote.  You can have the TV always power on to the sticks input, but if you wanted to switch its input to something else (e.g., Blu-ray player), you'd have to press Home on your TV's remote and then select the other input.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.