Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mabrydozier
Reel Rookie

Displaying many pictures on photo stream

I have uploaded nearly 600 pictures to

show as screensaver or slideshow.      The pictures actually displayed seems significantly smaller.       

Are there any limitations on pictures shown?

thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Displaying many pictures on photo stream

Hi @Mabrydozier,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about using Photo Streams on Roku and we would be more than happy to assist you with photo streaming on your Roku device.

Note: A stream may not allow 100 photos if the storage limit for the Roku account has been exceeded.

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

• What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
  • Have you tried removing the Photo Streams channel this issue from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

To learn about all the requirements for Photo Streams, visit our Support page: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mabrydozier
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the prompt response.

A couple of additional notes:

In the stream, there are 517 photos.     When I look at them with my iphone or ipad, only the first 100 are shown.

I see no error, just that many of the photos are not shown.    It also seems that other times different ones are, but they still cycle on a smaller number than the 517.

I can try what you mentioned.    

Is there any way to tell the memory available?

thanks,

Mabry

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mabrydozier,

Thanks for following up.

As mentioned in the previous post, there is a possibility that you have exceeded your storage limit, and Photo Streams will only allow 100 photos.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos