Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bogieaggie

Directv Stream- Local channels blacked out

Signed up for Directv Stream.  Cannot access my local channels on any of my 3 roku devices.  They all say "blacked out" due to my location.  The same channels work fine on my phone, even when connected to same wifi network as the rokus.  AT&T support says this is a roku issue?  Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Directv Stream- Local channels blacked out

I don't have Directv Stream so I have to ask:

Does it automatically select what location's local stations you get, or do you have to enter this information manually?

I am guessing you have told Directv Stream your location but that the IP number assigned to you by your internet provider indicates you're located somewhere else.  If the location indicated by your IP is outside of your local channels' market area, your actual local stations could well be blacked out.

You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see where the IP number assigned by your internet provider indicates you are located. If this doesn't represent your actual area, contact your internet provider and ask to be reassigned an IP in your area.  In the meanwhile, perhaps you can reconfigure Directv Stream to tell it you are in the location indicated by your IP so you can at least get network tv from somewhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos