Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malakfun
Channel Surfer

Did Roku Express 2022 (3960X) lost some tv channels support of previous Roku Express ?

Jump to solution

Hi, I saw that latest version of Roku Express player is codenamed 3960X

When looking on Amazon, the 2022 version of Roku Express product page does not mention compatibility with Apple TV, HBO or Hulu anymore. And both  Apple TV compatibilty pages on Apple and Roku websites don't list that new version number of the player...

Will I still be able to install the related apps and play those channels on the latest devices ?

And is there anything that is not supported anymore on latest 3960X devices, compared to previous versions of Roku Express ? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Did Roku Express 2022 (3960X) lost some tv channels support of previous Roku Express ?

Jump to solution

@malakfun-

It's not unusual for support pages for particular channels to be out of date and not list newer Roku models with which they are also compatible.  Likewise copy writers cannot list the literally thousands of channel apps with Roku support.

Any product in the current product line will support all currently available channels for Roku. Its only much older models that lack features and capabilities of current products that may not be compatible with newer channel apps that rely on these product advancements.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Did Roku Express 2022 (3960X) lost some tv channels support of previous Roku Express ?

Jump to solution

@malakfun-

It's not unusual for support pages for particular channels to be out of date and not list newer Roku models with which they are also compatible.  Likewise copy writers cannot list the literally thousands of channel apps with Roku support.

Any product in the current product line will support all currently available channels for Roku. Its only much older models that lack features and capabilities of current products that may not be compatible with newer channel apps that rely on these product advancements.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
malakfun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@makaiguy Thank you for your reply, which answers (indirectly) to my concerns.

0 Kudos