Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device stuck on “New Feature OS 10.5” screen

My ROKU 3 device is stuck on the “New Feature OS 10.5 screen.  I can only view the channels that have buttons on my remove.  I cannot get to my Home Screen at all.  I pay for Discovery+, Disney+, Paramount+, and Peacock.  None of which I can view.  If i cannot get this working today, I will switch everything over to my Chromecast.  I called customer service number and the person told me that they would charge me $100 to fix my problem permanently.  I hung up on them because I suspected I was being scammed.  How do I get to my Home Screen?

Beth

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device stuck on “New Feature OS 10.5” screen

First, you were definitely being scammed.  Roku doesn't have phone support and doesn't charge for the (poor) support they do have.  Some people have said just unplugging the power for several seconds and plugging it back in to get it to restart fixes it.  Others have said using the Roku app on a phone/tablet as a remote allows them to press Home and get rid of it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos