Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keldrick19
Reel Rookie

Default Wallpapers Missing

I had to reset my roku express and now none of the wallpapers are available except the default purple. It lists Graphene, Decaf, Nebula, and Daydream but they are grayed out. When I try to select Nebula (what I used previously before the reset) It says Theme Switch Failed. Any fix to this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Default Wallpapers Missing

It's acting like it's not able to reach the Roku servers. Does everything else work? Can you add apps from the Channel Store on the device? If you manually try a software update, do you get an error?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Keldrick19
Reel Rookie

Yes everything else works just fine. I was able to add channels, other themes, and wallpapers. I just can't use those 4 defaults. There isn't even a thumbnail for them. Just a grey picture.

0 Kudos

Have you been able to restore the original default wallpapers?  I have the same issue/problem!

0 Kudos
Keldrick19
Reel Rookie

No I was never able to find a solution. I just gave up and I am using the default purple. I would still love to find a fix for it though.

0 Kudos
SpaceCow4
Reel Rookie

I'm not sure if anyone is still checking this thread or not, but it was the first to come up on Google, so I'm just going to mention my solution to this problem here.

I also had strangely not been able to access the Graphene, Decaf, and Nebula themes, and while searching for a solution, and meandering through all of my system settings, it popped into my head that my network-wide ad-blocker/firewall (I use Pi-Hole), which does block all the Menu ads on my Roku. It made me wonder if it might be incidentally blocking the domain the Roku uses to access those particular themes too. Sure enough, I temporarily disabled the ad-blocker, and it worked!

TL;DR: if you have a network-wide ad-/domain-blocker, try temporarily disabling it, to see if it's blocking your Roku from downloading/applying those themes.

0 Kudos