Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom wallpaper

There are so few options for wallpaper. I've searched and can't find how to make and submit one. Can someone fill me in or link me? I'm a graphic designer, I should be able to make some more acceptable wallpapers for the community.

19 REPLIES 19
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Custom wallpaper

I don't think it's possible.  At one time Roku was going to inform developers how to create themes (as they're called), but that never transpired.  It could be that I just missed it since it wasn't something that interested me, but you can try to search for Roku theme development and see if you get anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jedi_Col
Reel Rookie

I hope this happens sooner rather than later. We can make custom screensavers so I don’t see why a wallpaper would be anymore difficult.

Tags (1)
Torij1989

I agree. I feel so limited with roku. I want to be able to set my own image as a wallpaper instead of using these generic looking wallpapers

warioparty

Link in commentsRe: Custom wallpaper

0 Kudos

I was searching for this and found the below on Roku's site. I haven't tried it yet but plan to. Hopefully this helps 🙂

The free Roku mobile app
To send the photos and videos to your TV, all you need to do is download the Roku mobile app for Android or iOS, select “Photos+” from the main menu and choose photos or videos. Seriously, it's that easy. You can even create a screensaver for your TV using pictures from your mobile device.Jun 14, 2019
Roku 
0 Kudos
Schnider
Reel Rookie

Re: Link in commentsRe: Custom wallpaper

No luck here.  I selected Media, but I don't have a Screensaver option.  Just Music, Photos, and Videos.

sub780lime
Reel Rookie

Same here, no screensaver option in the Roku app on my Pixel 3XL accessing a Westinghouse Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
Neens

That is for a screensaver. It would be nice if we could create our own wallpaper too.

DJ-Greg-G
Channel Surfer

That is not a way to make your own wallpaper that is a way to create a screensaver which is different what everyone is asking here and I am as well is there should be a way to use a photograph as a wallpaper background on your Roku for example I would just like a black screen I don’t know why nobody ever thought of this but it would be the most clearest way to see everything on your Roku home screen I use a black screen for example on my iPhone and it makes all the icons and everything clear as day why can’t I just have a simple black background for the Roku home screen how come nobody thought of this and why can I just do it myself????