Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9digitdude
Reel Rookie

Connecting bluetooth turn table

I have a roku sound bar that connect to my smart tv via hdmi cable. Recent updates make connecting my blue tooth turn table confusing. To connect my Bluetooth turn table I have to select the option for tablet or cell phone. Can you add Bluetooth device to the list to remove the confusion?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting bluetooth turn table

@9digitdude

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
9digitdude
Reel Rookie

Re: Connecting bluetooth turn table

It's rather simple to replicate the issue

1. purchase a bluetooth enabled turn table for playing vinyl records. You can find one on Amazon
  2. Using your roku sound bar connected to your 4k tv select tile for connecting a bluetooth device
  3. The only valid option that work is to choose to connect a smart phone or tablet

The solution is a simple software change updating the wording to say " or bluetooth enabled device"

I am able to connect my turn table via bluetooth but the wording just needs to be changed.

0 Kudos