Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Caption and Subtitles

I recently upgraded my Roku to 4K and I am having trouble with closed captions. They are in the middle of the screen, and extremely large. How can this be changed?

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Closed Caption and Subtitles

@Anonymous

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing on screen so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
conroman

The closed caption always appears on the bottom. I looked in the settings of the program (in this case Acorn) and I looked in system settings. I can change size, color, background if closed captioning - but I can’t change the location on the screen. I’ve looked at other questions about this issue and all I see is a “provide more details,” reply. I don’t work for Roku and I understood what they were asking.
so, please don’t patronize me and just answer the question. How do I move the closed captioning to a different area of the screen. I strongly suspect it can not be done. Which is fine. But just say that. Im getting another tv anyways - because my Britbox isn’t working. But it works on my other tv with a fire stick.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@conroman, there is no setting for location of subtitles/CC and the Roku firmware doesn't honor any location information in subtitle files/streams.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.