Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Latoria
Reel Rookie

City Stroll: Movie Magic

Jump to solution

What happened to my Roku City Stroll: Movie Magic⁉️ I performed a restart but I can only get the black and white screen saver — I want the purple screen saver back. When I click Movie Magic no screen shot appears.16193292211587161754188538823747.jpg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: City Stroll: Movie Magic

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.

Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?
Let us know how it goes! We're hoping this will work for you.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Your post is tagged with a Roku 1 model 2710. That is an older device, among the oldest and least powerful devices that Roku still supports. But, Roku still supports it.

However, as it is a less powerful device, occasionally, some apps stop working on it after those apps are updated. I do not know if that is the case with that screen saver and the 2710, but it is the case for some apps.

If the screen saver was updated and the update broke 2710 functionality, that may be permanent. However, it would be best if another user of that screen saver came by and reported any experience that is less than optimal.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Latoria
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, but I fixed  it. I know have the purple City Skyline. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Latoria wrote:

Thank you, but I fixed  it. I know have the purple City Skyline. Thank you!!!

Please share HOW you fixed it, for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Unavailable movie magic screensaver

Jump to solution

Movie magic screensaver is unavailable/missing. I've done everything I can think of to get it back anyone else having the same issue 

Ro55a

Re: Unavailable movie magic screensaver

Jump to solution

I also have this problem on Roku 3. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku replaced it with the "Luca" (Disney movie) screensaver - hopefully this is just temporary.

ilike2game

Jump to solution

please let us know how you fixed it it was my favorite.

indigoredster
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agreed: Irritating. I'm not a Kid I don't want to see it on my background. Disney has lost their minds anyway.

0 Kudos
gille5000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine just disappeared as well, replaced by some Disney movie I have no interest in. It appears to no longer be available, which is rather annoying.

0 Kudos