Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking the ROKU temperature

This concerns the instructions given to check the temperature of the ROKU device.  The instructions are ridiculous and didn't work.  Their as follows.

1. press Home button 5 times

2. Now press the Fast forward button

3. Followed by the pause button

4. Press the rewind, pause & end the process by pressing the fast forward button once again.

It's far from being user friendly & didn't work. It's simply ridiculous.  Just put it under the settings menu like almost everything else.  It would more user friendly.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Checking the ROKU temperature

Those secret screens generally display information that most people wouldn't understand and would just cause more confusion and questions.  If it didn't work, try again.  You have to complete the sequence within a short period of time.  Also, those secret screens can be removed at any time, but I just tried it and it still works.

Is there a reason you want to check the temperature?  Are you getting a message about overheating?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Meyerson
Channel Surfer

Re: Checking the ROKU temperature

Well, I got a message about overheating. My Roku temp (secret screen) showed 97º. My Roku Express is in the open, on a desktop. What’s one to do?