Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyJax
Reel Rookie

Channel automatic sign . Big problem

Hi all my rokus sign in automatically to all my subscriptions. This is causing problems as my kids are watching channels I don’t want them to and renting movies on Vudu . Is there an option to disable automatic sign in on all devices ? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel automatic sign . Big problem

@TammyJax 

No.

If you want to have a separate library of apps for the kids' Roku devices, put them on a different Roku account. And PIN protect the account (yours too) so they can't add apps.

If you go this route, don't subscribe to anything via Roku that you want to share with them. For example, if you want Disney Plus on both accounts, do not subscribe via Roku, but subscribe directly to Disney Plus. Then log in on the devices. This is because they would be on separate accounts, and you can't share Roku subscriptions across Roku accounts. However, you can use the direct subscriptions credentials across Roku accounts.

If there was a service you wanted just for you, such as HBO Max, you could subscribe through Roku if you wished. They would not get it on their Roku. Of course, you can always subscribe directly anyway and use the direct subscription credentials on your device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos