Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banderson19com
Reel Rookie

Channel Update and Roku Channel Store not available

Jump to solution

Affected unit:

4230x - Roku 3 / OS 11.0 build 4193-04

In general the unit is working. Going to most installed channels gets video properly. Doing a Network -> Check connection reports that it is connected.

Yesterday I got a notice that there was a new version of Sling TV and to go to System -> Software Updates -> Check Now to get an update. Even though it appears that this is the way to update the system software and not the correct way to update a Channel, I did it anyway and got an "Error 003 - Can't update software. Please wait a few minutes and try again", which I did with the same result.

Then I tried what I believe is the correct way to update a Channel, which is hitting "*" when on the channel icon and doing an update from there. This gives a "Loading channel information" popup but eventually returns a "Not connected to the internet" error, which as stated above is not true since other channels work correctly and the Network -> Check connection reports success.

Other people have suggested deleting and re-installing a channel under similar circumstances so I went to the channel store to check whether I could add a new channel and it eventually came back with a "The Roku Chanel Store service is currently unavailable. Please try again later" error.

It's been almost 24 hours since the problem first occurred and still no access.

Is there anything else that I can try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel Update and Roku Channel Store not available

Jump to solution

Try restarting all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router) as well as the Roku device.

Checking for updates from Settings->System->System update will update all software including channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try restarting all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router) as well as the Roku device.

Checking for updates from Settings->System->System update will update all software including channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
banderson19com
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already rebooted the Roku multiple times as well as powering it off/on and that hadn't helped. I hadn't tried rebooting the router because everything else in the house was working but I just did that and that fixed the problem! I don't understand what how the router could make make only one small function of only one Internet connected device fail while everything else worked but since it did, thank you again.

0 Kudos