Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DB_1993

Re: Screen Mirroring Suddenly Won't Connect

I have the same problem.
I always broadcast the screen wirelessly and a few months ago my laptop and PC stopped transmitting.

The TV receives the command for the transmission and the bar does not load completely, as previously mentioned.

My Android phone continues to connect normally.

The laptop has windows 10 and the PC windows 11.

0 Kudos
KZee
Reel Rookie

Has anyone heard back from Roku regarding this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KZee
Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KZee
Reel Rookie

Hi there, As I have replied in the past:

when I try to screen mirror my apple products to Roku tv, the tv doesn’t show up in the box.   When I try to AirPlay, nothing happens.   Up to a couple of months ago, these features worked perfectly.   Nothing had been done to any devices other than updates.  Last update on tv was Dec.   all devices are connected to same network, “fast tv start” is enabled, “screen mirroring mode” is always allowed.   I don’t know what to do.  

0 Kudos
osl7
Streaming Star

it freezes while loading  and it seems to be happening to a lot of people and roku seems to have ignored it

osl7
Streaming Star

yeah, and they don't have a solution to it. All the mirror functions in Roku seems to have stopped working somewhere between last December and march

0 Kudos
osl7
Streaming Star

They don't have any solution for it but to blame everything but their own programing

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KZee

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CodedBytes

i can confirm i've been having the same issue for quite a while with my Roku TV, sometimes it connects (extremely rarely) and sometimes only 1/3 of the starting video bar goes purple.

Model: 8126X - Roku TV
Serial number: X00500DRKSNK 
Device ID: S09Y64DRKSNK
Software Version: 11.0.0 * rev 4197-DO

It doesn't happen in an specific channel, i'm always at the home screen when trying to cast.

Tracker ID: NK-334-766

Steps to reproduce:
Just try to connect to roku via windows control center-->Connect or with Windows+P -->connect to a wireless display.

0 Kudos
Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

Roku TV freezes when mirror cast from windows 11 pc

I Have lately been experiencing when I mirror cast from my windows 11 Dell Laptop in the middle of the program it just freezes. I have checked to make sure everything is up to date including my network card and graphics card Also on the TV I reset the TV and the network as well. I do not understand why it is doing this. Recently my Hisense Roku TV had an update and it seems every since then I have been having this problem.

0 Kudos