Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimmyP
Binge Watcher

Re: Screen Mirroring Suddenly Won't Connect

I am of the belief that because the sticks and TVs share the same software, this is intentional. I have had 3 Roku TVs and all have eventually had mirroring broken. These forums themselves have had at least 3 huge threads from over the past several years on the issue.

I believe they work with certain manufactures to "depreciate" these features, most of which are small, "under the rug" issues in a shady attempt to push people to new tvs or sticks. Nothing can really be done about this, any they continue to get away with it.

Mirroring always seems to have no problems on more expensive Tvs with Roku software, but Hisense and TCL... just get MHL its better anyways. Or get a Fire Stick which will solve all your problems.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with screen mirroring with Window 10 or 11, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your screen mirroring issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Hi @Brittdoerr1995,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Are you using a Roku player or Roku TV?
  2. What device are using to screen mirroring?
  3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
  4. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sweetsinnamen
Channel Surfer

Model 3500x roku stick

Serial number 2l646e014554

Software version 10.5.0

I don't know what device ID means

No specific channel

Tracking ID steps do not work

Using the same steps to connect that I have for years. Screen mirroring is turned to always allow and I connect via my surface.  Not my surface as it can mirror to other devices and the same I have used in the past that has suddenly stopped working.

WIN_20220311_17_28_25_Pro.jpg

Sweetsinnamen
Channel Surfer

@rprdds24   I believe it works via youtube as it is connecting to the YouTube app on your roku. It has done that to me a couple of times.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sweetsinnamen

Thanks for providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KZee
Reel Rookie

I have exactly the same problem.   Used screen mirroring on Roku TV (with iPhone) for months and then suddenly unable to.   iPhone and tv updated.  So frustrating 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KZee

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KZee
Reel Rookie

Hi there, when I try to screen mirror my apple products to Roku tv, the tv doesn’t show up in the box.   When I try to AirPlay, nothing happens.   Up to a couple of months ago, these features worked perfectly.   Nothing had been done to any devices other than updates.  Last update on tv was Dec.   all devices are connected to same network, “fast tv start” is enabled, “screen mirroring mode” is always allowed.   I don’t know what to do.  

0 Kudos
Sweetsinnamen
Channel Surfer

Danny

I posted specific info responding to your questions 4 weeks ago and haven't received a response with an actual fix.  Please advise!! @KZee 

0 Kudos