Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJBroadway

Re: Casting not working at all on Roku Stick

Jump to solution

When I go to cast my movie to the Roku it doesn’t show up on the Roku. Like I’ll choice movie then I’ll select how I want to view it it says select device. I select my Roku which is on the list, but nothing shows up on the screen and the fast forward and rewind buttons on the device I’m casting from are now making the cursor move up and down the Roku list, or if I push the pause or play button from the device I’m casting from it opens the Roku channel. This just started happening. Before I could cast a movie with no problems. Note it’s not letting me cast anything. And yes I know the difference between mirroring and casting. No one any where I researched has has an answer for this problem

Dru4life

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue... I can hear the clicking and tones wheni hit pause but doesn't show on the screen. Never had any issues with casting until now... so you aren't the only one.... we need answers Roku

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dru4life

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ccomp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue with my roku 3. I can hear the pause button, but I see no video. I'm using allcast on my android phone. Thanks.

0 Kudos
rafee1344
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with TSN app. It shows the Google Home Display that I have, but doesn't show the Hisense Roku TV

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rafee1344

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rafee1344
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R , I asked the same question on Reddit(https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/vnkmt7/roku_tv_is_not_showing_up_at_cast_but_is_showing/) and got a more detailed answer from nice folks over there.

With that being said, my primary goal here is to watch Qatar World Cup 2022 in Canada in my TV, which happens to be powered by Roku Platform. I honestly do not care how it becomes available. Also, I would prefer the stream to be 4K.

0 Kudos
giraffe23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am not able to cast from Disney plus and Amazon prime from my phone. I verified that all devices are connected to same network. 

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rafee1344 wrote:

I am having the same issue with TSN app. It shows the Google Home Display that I have, but doesn't show the Hisense Roku TV

The TSN app only supports ChromeCast/GoogleCast casting - Rokus do not have ChromeCast/GoogleCast protocol support, so your options are:

1) Mirror your display using Miracast functionality (Roku supported - phone/tablet support varies)

2) Mirror/cast using another app/protocol (you may be able to install an app on both your Roku and phone/tablet to accomplish this)

3) Purchase/use a ChromeCast/GoogleCast protocol compatible device (Android TV-based streaming products, usually available for $15-50 depending on device/sales/promotions, such as the Onn 4K Streaming Box, Tivo Stream 4K, Google ChromeCast with Google TV, etc).

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@giraffe23 wrote:

I am not able to cast from Disney plus and Amazon prime from my phone. I verified that all devices are connected to same network. 

Assuming your phone is Android-based - the Disney+ app and the Prime app support ChromeCast/GoogleCast protocol-based casting only, while Rokus do NOT support ChromeCast/GoogleCast protocol.

See previous response to @rafee1344  for solutions.

0 Kudos