Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use more than one device on one account?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can you use more than one device on one account?

Jump to solution

@Heather_knight7 

Yes you can.  It's just a matter of linking them to the same Roku account (i.e. link to the same email address).

Your channel choices are attached to the Roku account, so the additional device(s) will automatically get all the same channels installed.   Add/remove on one linked device, you add/remove on all devices linked to that account.  On some channels that require a log in, you may need to log in again on each new device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092

Jump to solution

Yes, I have eight devices on my account. I've heard that the limit is 12, but that is unsubstantiated. Just be aware that every device linked to the same account will have the same channels/apps installed on them. If you add or remove a channel on one, it's added or removed from them all. Each device can have the home screen in whatever tile order desired, as that is not linked between devices. 

If you want different channels on each Roku device, they need to be on separate user accounts. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Heather_knight7 

Yes you can.  It's just a matter of linking them to the same Roku account (i.e. link to the same email address).

Your channel choices are attached to the Roku account, so the additional device(s) will automatically get all the same channels installed.   Add/remove on one linked device, you add/remove on all devices linked to that account.  On some channels that require a log in, you may need to log in again on each new device.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So you can watch different channels in different rooms at the same time?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Heather_knight7 wrote:

So you can watch different channels in different rooms at the same time?

Yes, each device operates independently. However, some streaming providers, such as Netflix, will restrict the number of concurrent streams by a single account, depending on the plan you have. So if you have the basic plan, I believe they only allow a single device to connect at a time. Other plans permit two or four streams. Of course, some won't have any restriction, but you would need to check with anything you subscribe to for what limits they have, if any.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.