Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MargAldo2021
Channel Surfer

Re: False Advertising

They are Ultra 4670RW and stick+ 3810X

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: False Advertising- US Chicagoland

@MargAldo2021 wrote:

They are Ultra 4670RW and stick+ 3810X

Apple TV is a supported app on both models in the US.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/a20e3c294993147c6cda435497594031/apple-tv

0 Kudos
MargAldo2021
Channel Surfer

Here is the trouble shooting I did before I went online and read up more about it.

I removed the channel, added it back, logged in- even reset the channel. I would switch out of it to make sure it wasn't my internet because it keeps giving me the internet connection error message. I checked for Roku updates, ran those. Check the Roku internet connection- no problems listed. Went back in, got the same error.  Reset the channel once more then went into their help screen, that is where it said to check the compatibility. The stream bar shows a model number with X and the tv do as well. 

What steps could I be missing?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

When you do a channel remove/re-add, you should reboot the Roku after the remove and before the re-add.  (Otherwise potentially corrupted data will not get cleared.)

So, it sounds like other channels are working.  Getting an internet connection error in just one app would make me suspect their servers or your router more than an app itself.  (Some ISPs are putting IP block lists in their routers that customers don't know about until they can't get to some server.)

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

How are you removing a channel that you didnt have access to and made false advertising claims about?

Also you mentioned an Ultra and a SS+, but now you are mentioning two other different devices - a streambar and a TV.

So which is it? Do you have access to the Apple TV app or not?

Do you have an Ultra and SS+, or do you have a streambar and Roku TV?

0 Kudos
MargAldo2021
Channel Surfer

You're a little rude @StreamerUser . There are several different conversations going on in this feed. 

1) I said stream not access.

2) I listed which models I have but mentioned some others that happen to be listing some letters after their model numbers, 

If you look at this lovely compiled list

https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634

You will see some models do have letters listed. That is what is leading me to the conclusion that in some way yes the letters matter, maybe I am wrong. If I am, I listed what steps I have taken to try and see how I can get the app/channel to work/stream.

Thank you for attempts to help, hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

0 Kudos
MargAldo2021
Channel Surfer

Thanks @Strega, I will attempt that in a bit and see if it makes a difference. Yes all other channels are streaming perfectly fine. The app itself works on the phone or Ipad. The Ipad is WiFi only, but I will ask my BIL to walk me through how to check the IP's and I'll head over to their home in the evening and see if their Roku's can stream it.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Perhaps if you had started and titled the thread asking for help for issues getting your Apple TV app to work instead of making "rude" vague nebulous claims of false advertising having nothing to do with your ATV app issues, my "rude" questions about your inconsistent statements wouldnt have bothered you.

As has already been stated, the model letters are meaningless overall, and can be ignored.

It still isnt clear which models you have, and which models you dont - your double response of 4670 and 3810 arent directed at anyone or as a specific quoted response.   You then talked about your troubleshooting steps and specifically mentioned a streambar and a Roku TV.

Still not clear which models you have, though all of them (no Roku TV model #) are supported with the Apple TV app.

The correct steps to reinstall an app are:

1) Remove the app (highlight and press the Options (*) button, then remove)

2) Restart the Roku (Settings/System/System restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE

3) Reinstall the app

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MargAldo2021 wrote:

... I'll head over to their home in the evening and see if their Roku's can stream it.

It seems like you're getting plenty of help, but you may want to take one of your devices with you when you go to your BIL's and see if it can stream ATV when connected to their network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos