Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Can roku stay on without timing out. Can you keep it on all the time. Maybe a timer off

Jump to solution

Hi @Roundaboutrobin,

Thanks for your post.

Let us help. For us to assist you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Does the Bandwidth Saver of your TV is disabled?
  • Have you checked the amount of time your Roku device waits before starting the screensaver?

Keep us posted on what you find out!

You may also refer to these links:

Bandwidth Saver
Change the screensaver

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Re: Can roku stay on without timing out. Can you keep it on all the time. Maybe a timer off

Jump to solution

It very much does, I've done this on all the Roku tvs I've had cause I play white noise all night long on YouTube. But there are other settings too that an affect depending on tv. 

This new TV I got needed both bandwidth saver AND powersaver turned off. 

Just because something isn't the exact answer for you doesn't make it incorrect. 

0 Kudos
Shway

Jump to solution

Yes it can! Go to settings, then it should be under power saving and you can de-select the turn off after 4 hrs

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is horrible!!!! i hate this Roku Television and will never buy another one!!! if they are able to control how long it stays on I wouldn't be surprised  if they have installed something in it to record us!!!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@billingsleyy you are unhappy about something, but I'm not understanding what. Are you saying it will not remain on, or that it does remain on? Exactly what do you want it to do? 

And no, the TV is not recording you. The TV does not have a microphone, and unless you have purchased a replacement voice remote, there's no mic in the remote either. Even with a voice remote, there's no memory available to store conversations. And no Roku player or TV has a camera, so not recording video either.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan, I thought it might not turn out to be in favor of the customer. Man getting slow in my old age. Who would even know to ask about this when buying a TV? I'm sure if I asked tv sales person about this they wouldn't even know the answer or how to get an answer to the question.

0 Kudos