Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qtscat

Can i add antenna shortcut to roku soundbar or cable shortcut?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can i add antenna shortcut to roku soundbar or cable shortcut?

Those would be functions of your TV, not the Roku soundbar.

You can set your TV to automatically switch to the input on which you've connected your Roku when you call for any Roku function with your remote. Set this up via the Roku's "1-touch play" feature, Roku menu path: Settings > System > Control other devices > 1-touch play. [Note: I don't have a Roku Soundbar, so I am assuming it includes this standard Roku feature.]

1-touch play only works if the TV also supports the function and has it enabled in the TV's settings. The industry refers to this function as HDMI-CEC (HDMI Consumer Electronic Control), but some TV manufacturers have their own name for it. For instance Samsung calls theirs "Anynet+" and Sony calls it "BRAVIA Sync". For a list of manufacturers' names for HDMI-CEC see this Wikipedia reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control#Trade_names_for_CEC_technology

When this is set up and working:

• When you press an action key on the Roku remote, the TV should automatically switch its display to the HDMI port to which your soundbar is connected.
  • When you press an action key on the TV remote, it should switch the display back to the TV function.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos