Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggcole11

Can I watch channels on my computer?

Jump to solution

Can I watch, ON MY COMPUTER, CNBC and other news shows?  How...step by step?

I went to TheRokuChannel.com and it seemed that only movies/doumentaries/etc. were available.

Thx in advance for your help.  I just found out that my Roku Express + doesn't qualify for ROKU online agent customer support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I watch channels on my computer?

Jump to solution

@ggcole11 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the channels and features available on a Roku device will not be the same as watching content on a computer. On a computer. you will be able to access The Roku Channel with your Roku account at therokuchannel.roku.com - Other channels and services would need to be accessed directly through those channels/services own online offerings. 

For more information about what content is available on The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ggcole11 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the channels and features available on a Roku device will not be the same as watching content on a computer. On a computer. you will be able to access The Roku Channel with your Roku account at therokuchannel.roku.com - Other channels and services would need to be accessed directly through those channels/services own online offerings. 

For more information about what content is available on The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
TheWanderGypsy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny, for that info.  I have been on the Roku site , absorbing all the info...lol and comparing streaming devices.  Your reply greatly helped my decision of which to buy.  THANK YOU

0 Kudos
pilots48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know. I have the same problem. Why sell a product they don't support. ROKU support sucks. Worst support ever. Don't have much faith in their product.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pilots48,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience; we'd love to help. Would you mind giving us more details about the issue to further assist you regarding your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@pilots48 You have what same problem?  If you want CNBC just go to CNBC on your computer and create a free account.  If you really want help please identify the problem.

0 Kudos