Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
struso

Can I switch to other HDMI devices in HDMI 2 & 3 with Roku Streaming Stick 4K

Can I switch to other HDMI devices (DVD Player, XBox, etc.) in HDMI 2 and 3 with Roku Streaming Stick 4K?  I am using HDMI 1 for the streaming stick, I have a DVD player on HDMI that I would like to switch to within ROKU as a channel.  I also have a Google TV dongle plugged into HDMI 3.  Both devices were active when I launched the Roku Streaming Stick 4K for the first time.   The HDMI ports populate seamlessly or can be added on my Hisense Roku TV as HDMI 1, 2, and 3 but the option to add HDMI ports is not present with my streaming stick when attached to a Magnavox TV.  Any assistance will be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I switch to other HDMI devices in HDMI 2 & 3 with Roku Streaming Stick 4K

@struso 

The Roku streaming players have no HDMI input capability.  They are just like your DVD player and the Google TV dongle - they are just another HDMI device.  You will need to change HDMI Inputs through your Magnavox TV (using the Magnavox TV remote).

A RokuTV is a TV with an integrated Roku OS, rather than attached via HDMI like a Roku streaming player.  The ability to show these Inputs on the Roku Home Screen are due to the integration of the Roku OS with the actual TV hardware.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos