Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HowieS

Can I customize my Roku Guest Mode settings?

Jump to solution

I’d like to be able to enable certain apps (YouTube tv for instance) in Giest mode, but disable others such as Netflix etc. 

This way my renters can watch the usual live tv channels but sign into  Netflix etc. Is that possible?

Thanks for the help

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I customize my Roku Guest Mode settings?

Jump to solution

Guest mode does not stop a user from signing into any channel that's loaded on the device. But they have to provide their own credentials, they don't have access to your personal account login or any of your channel subscriptions. Once you disable Guest mode, their credentials are all erased, and you have to re-enter your own credentials. They do not carry-over from before Guest mode was activated. 

So it really doesn't matter if the channels/apps are on the Roku device. They won't have access to your personal account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Guest mode does not stop a user from signing into any channel that's loaded on the device. But they have to provide their own credentials, they don't have access to your personal account login or any of your channel subscriptions. Once you disable Guest mode, their credentials are all erased, and you have to re-enter your own credentials. They do not carry-over from before Guest mode was activated. 

So it really doesn't matter if the channels/apps are on the Roku device. They won't have access to your personal account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Randynn1

Jump to solution

@HowieS , the author, did you find a solution? I to am in the same situation, I want to provide YouTube TV to my Airbnb guests as a an amenity,   but should the guests want to sign into something else go ahead and knock your self out, but at a minimum provide them with youtube TV.  I dont want the guests being able to access the internal settings of the stick (Network, account etc.)

brewku

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I'm wanting to do.

Wish it was possible.