Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobankhot

Can I connect my Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote?

Brought my Roku device to my bf’s house, it’s all plugged in and I see the home screen on the tv. I lost my remote though so I’ve just been using the Roku app on my iPhone at home.

We’re trying to connect the Roku to his Wi-Fi, but we need to be able to navigate the Roku homescreen to do so. And we can’t because the Roku isn’t connected to Wi-Fi, and the app is not finding it anywhere.

Is there a workaround for this??

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Can I connect my Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote?

Either set the SSID and passphrase of the new network to be identical to  yours (the one it knows how to connect to) or get a remote.  (Or do both, since the remote is good to have in the long run.)

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I connect my Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote?

As long as your Roku isn't one of the Stick models, you can easily pick up an inexpensive universal IR remote that lists Roku as a supported device. If you have a Stick, you're out of luck there, as it doesn't support IR remotes at all. 

You can usually find IR remotes for under $10 at almost any store that offers electronic devices. Places like Best Buy might be a bit more expensive, but they're usually easier to find. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos