Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UpsetRemoteUser
Binge Watcher

Bluetooth Private Listening from the TV to Roku Ultra 4800

I could not find a good post about this.

I see that newer Roku Ultras have Bluetooth Private Listening.

I have one of these Ultra but an older Hisense 4K Roku TV with a HDMI ARC connected soundbar already. They are all connected via HDMI. I was wondering if I can route the TV audio from the local OTA channels to the Ultra 4800 for this bluetooth private listening or not.

If this is not possible, do I need to get one of the Roku Soundbars to do this?

If you want to know what I want to do is I want to put a bluetooth headphones or soundbar elsewhere at the same time having the other soundbar going because I have a family member that is hard of hearing and want to help them hear the TV without turning up the audio on the HDMI ARC soundbar to high.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bluetooth Private Listening from the TV to Roku Ultra 4800

You definitely can't do it with the Ultra since the TV doesn't pass audio to the Ultra.  Maybe someone with a Streambar or Smart Soundbar can answer whether Bluetooth private listening is available from sources other than the Streambar/Soundbar itself.  The blog post is about the only source of information I've seen and searching for "Bluetooth private listening" on Roku's "support" page gives nothing relevant.

Blog:  https://support.roku.com/article/228844467

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
UpsetRemoteUser
Binge Watcher

Re: Bluetooth Private Listening from the TV to Roku Ultra 4800

I would think the soundbars should because it looks like they use HDMI ARC/eARC, but I would not know.

Then again, this page looks like you might not: https://support.roku.com/article/217479488

0 Kudos