Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaio165
Binge Watcher

Blinking yellow light on my Streambar

Jump to solution

My StreamBar has a blinking yellow light I am using the Voice Pro Remote. I am still able to connect to the internet and watch anything on a channel. So dose anyone know what this might mean?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Blinking yellow light on my Streambar

Jump to solution

Blinking lights on Roku devices often means it thinks it doesn't have an Internet connection even though often you can still stream.  Try checking the connection under Settings->Network.

If that's not it, maybe someone else has an idea.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
renojim

Jump to solution

Blinking lights on Roku devices often means it thinks it doesn't have an Internet connection even though often you can still stream.  Try checking the connection under Settings->Network.

If that's not it, maybe someone else has an idea.

Vaio165
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you and maybe you don't know but should somehow like that be fixed with a update patch?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Doubtful.  In my experience Roku updates are far more likely to break something than to fix something.

Cafdtp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve done a system restart which resolved the problem. I have Verizon 1-T router. I believe they throttle. Any way it fixes the problem until the next time. My system software is current and my router is running. 

pcmotorhed
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have this issue almost daily.  I’ll get a flashing yellow light.  I’ll hit the reset on the back of the Streambar.  The green light will come back and works fine. By the next day, I’ll have to repeat all over again as the flashing yellow light comes back on again.  I’m hoping that anyone has a fix that will hold more than one day.  Is my Streambar defective!  Thanks for any help.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pcmotorhed,

Thanks for the post.

The yellow blinking light on the Roku Streambar is an indication for searching a network connection. Have you tried restarting your router/modem? Additionally, are you having any issues on your network when the yellow light starts blinking?

Let us know more about this.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pjojensen

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on one of my two streambars.  I've tried all of the suggestions above with no change.  I have good streaming and my other streambar doesn't have the issue, so Internet connection doesn't seem to be the issue.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
pcmotorhed
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

With my issue,  it eventually stopped. I discovered that my smart Samsung tv was not connected to the internet and once this connection was made, it stopped blinking yellow and has worked pretty much since then. Rather or not it may be a coincidence or the folks at Roku sent an update to fix it.   ??

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pjojensen and @pcmotorhed,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing on your Roku streambar. Please provide us with more details so we can assist you further.

• Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play a content?
  • What do you see on your screen?
  • How does the blinking yellow light affect your streaming?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos