Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessaran88

Big empty rectangle in the Home Screen of my Roku Streambar

Hello, I have a problem with my new Roku Streambar. The problem is in the home menu: where all the apps or "channels" are. When I hover over one of the apps, Netflix for example, an empty rectangle appears on the right side. I understand, by images of the interface, that what should be seen there would be the thumbnail of some show or content of the app; but instead you only see the empty rectangle. This happens with all apps or "channels"

ROKU.png

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Big empty rectangle in the Home Screen of my Roku Streambar

That right side is usually an ad. Maybe your router has some form of ad-blocker that is preventing it from accessing the ad server.

jessaran88

I do not think so. I didn't do anything special with the Roky device. I took it out of the box, configured it, installed the channels and that's it. Roku Support tells me that what I should see there is the cover or thumbnail of the shows on each channel.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't know what Roku support you contacted, but assuming it really was Roku they're often clueless.  That spot is to advertise shows, channels, Roku devices, and other miscellaneous garbage.  You're not missing anything.  Using an ad-blocker is usually why that space is blank, but it could just be a temporary glitch.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Heh heh.  Normally we see people complain about those ads and ask how they can block them. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos