Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnH45
Channel Surfer

Automatic Roku Software Update problem. Is there a way to restore prior version (fix Power Savings)

Recently my Roku Ultra Model 4800X was updated from Software version 10.5.0 build 4208-C2 to 11.0.0 build 4180-C2
The Power Savings function that I rely upon no longer works. Is there a way to get back to the prior version that works as needed.

I verified that System->Power->Auto power savings (After 20 minutes of no interaction) is still checked.

My previous question "How can a customer ask a Technical Question about a Roku product? (HDMI Power Off)"
documents why I need Power Saving to work the way it did in version 10.5.0 build 4208-C2

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Automatic Roku Software Update problem. Is there a way to restore prior version (fix Power Savin

Power saving you relied upon? Rokus don’t turn off. They go into a low power mode after a certain amount of time of inactivity. This is found under system/network/ bandwidth saver. It comes on about after 4 hours. What was the need for the 20 minutes? 

0 Kudos
JohnH45
Channel Surfer

Re: Automatic Roku Software Update problem. Is there a way to restore prior version (fix Power Savin

I am not talking about power for the Roku player. I am talking about the Roku players power supplied to the HDMI cable.
I am using a Mini HDMI2AV Converter RCA Connector Composite connection to TV. This is connected to a HDMI Cable Switch which is then connected to the Roku HDMI port. The Roku is providing power to these two devices via its HDMI cable. The switch has a LED that is on when it has power. In prior software version this LED was going off after 20 minutes thereby saving power. After update to version 11 the LED stays on all the time.

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@JohnH45 

FYI, 4180 isnt the latest available build for OS11 on a 4800 - build 5003 is (released last Friday 4/22), so you may want to check for updates manually again (if you want to stay with OS11).

As an aside, relying on 5v from HDMI (instead of USB) to power two different devices (even if "low power") is not a "best practice" (similar to powering Roku devices with a .500 mA TV/AVR USB port) and may be reducing the life of your 4800/HDMI output circuit.