Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gayle21

Audio guide

How do you ou turn off the Roku audio that announces your volume, timers, settings etc?  The asterisk 4 times doesn’t work, and neither does turning off the audio guide in “accessibility”. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Voice over issue

I have a problem with my Roku.  IWhen I turn it on there is an over voice announcing what I'm doing.  At leleast it sounds like it and eventually, when my program starts, it goes away.  Very annoying

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need a way to contact customer support

Hi @96

Thanks for the message.

It looks like you may have accidentally enabled "Audio Guide", a mode for sight-impaired viewers. That's why your Roku player sounds like it's been talking to you. You can turn off Audio Guide by pressing the * button on your remote 4 times quickly. Find more information: https://support.roku.com/article/231584647.

We hope that's helpful!

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KnobThis

How do I end the voice talking when I press any button on the remote?

How do I end the voice talking when I press any button on the remote?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I end the voice talking when I press any button on the remote?

@KnobThis

Thanks for the inquiry.

The issue you are experiencing is mostly the Audio Guide. Have you tried pressing the * button four times to see if that resolves the issue?

For more information about the Roku Audio Guide, visit our Support page here: How do I enable text-to-speech using Audio Guide?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos