Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alwill
Reel Rookie

Audio Output from Roku Device?

Jump to solution

I am confused.  My basic question is, is there a Roku device that will provide an optical audio output that will support surround 5.1 signal format?  When I search in the "community" for an answer I get confusing information.  One response to a similar question said that such an output was available on an Ultra 4640 model device.  I had a look at the specs for that model and no such output mentioned.  So back to the basic question.  Does such a thing exist.  Thanks much for any info that will clear this up.  Al

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio Output from Roku Device?

Jump to solution

@Alwill

Thanks for the post.

Roku devices do not have an optical audio output (except for Roku Streambar/Soundbars). Please be aware that the optical output for the Roku Streambar/Soundbars are to connect to your TV if your TV does not support HDMI ARC.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Alwill

Thanks for the post.

Roku devices do not have an optical audio output (except for Roku Streambar/Soundbars). Please be aware that the optical output for the Roku Streambar/Soundbars are to connect to your TV if your TV does not support HDMI ARC.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Woody6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My tv supports all of the above, but my Roku Ultra LT does not pass 5.1 through my tv to the sound bar. I have all the volume settings off and makes no difference. The Roku box does not even show Netflix 5.1 indications on Netflix screen. I have an older Roku that works just fine when attached to same tv. I think I may have a bad Roku ultra.

0 Kudos