Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curlymoe
Channel Surfer

Are there specs/features of Roku® Streaming Stick® 4K 3820R that provide better wifi than 3810?

After 20 minutes of chat with support I was told that 3820 is "20% faster" than 3810. Does anyone know SPECIFICALLY what about and why the 3820 provides better wifi? Both seem to be 802.11ac dual-band MIMO.  

I asked the question several different ways in chat but could not get an answer. I do not want to waste money buying a newer model if I can't be assured that there will be an improvement. Hoped Roku support could tell me, but it seems beyond their capabilities. Thanks.                                                                                   

https://www.roku.com/products/streaming-stick-plus     --   specs for 3810         

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Curlymoe
Channel Surfer

Re: Are there specs/features of Roku® Streaming Stick® 4K 3820R that provide better wifi than 3810?

Thank you so much for the reply; that is exactly what I needed.

While I don't imagine Roku's marketing department needs or wants to put that much detail on their product pages, it certainly wouldn't hurt to flesh out their comparison charts to give more detail. Support people need a better handle on it, also.

I was about to pass on upgrading my 3810 because I couldn't understand any reason to do so. Now I will be purchasing 1 or 2 to try to improve some performance problems I'm experiencing.

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos