Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bookreader3846
Channel Surfer

Antenna icon not showing up on the home screen

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku Express 3930 device with a Philips TV.  

In the settings menu, I tried finding the TV or a 10 and put functions, but I couldn’t find them, and they weren’t there!  

There are no TV inputs options in the settings, or any of the sub menus that I could find.  #rokuexpress #rokuexpress3930 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Antenna icon not showing up on the home screen

Jump to solution

@nrmoxley 

On your RokuTV, are you not seeing a "Live TV" input under Settings/TV Inputs?

During the last OS update, this Antenna Icon and its name was changed to LiveTV.

You can rename this Input again and change its icon after selecting it either under Setup Input (after selecting it from "Inputs Not Being Used" or you can navigate to Settings/TV Inputs/Rename. (From here you can choose from pre-named selections and icons or choose to set custom name and icon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@bookreader3846 

What you're looking for are TV controls and inputs. A Roku device attached to a TV won't have those.

Roku TVs, which are TVs made by other companies -- but with built-in Roku software -- will have those, because they are part of the overall TV control/menu system.

Separate Roku devices can't control those items on a TV to which it is attached.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
bookreader3846
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Phillips TV and a Roku Express 3930 device, so the antenna icon will not show up, right?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@bookreader3846 

Not via Roku. You would have to change the input on the TV to the antenna (or whatever label is used).

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
nrmoxley

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and for two years it showed the Antenna Icon on the Home Screen and I could get OTA local channels; then one day a couple of months ago I turned on the TV and the Antenna Icon was gone. I got in touch with Roku Support and after months of them asking me to try the same things over and over, nothing has restored the Antenna Icon.  S/W updates itself every few days; but I have still done 8 S/W updates, a quick reset and 6 factory resets.  When reconnecting devices after a factory reset, there is no option for coaxial cable and when I go to input devices coaxial cable is not one of the options.  Any ideas/suggestions? - Roger

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@nrmoxley 

On your RokuTV, are you not seeing a "Live TV" input under Settings/TV Inputs?

During the last OS update, this Antenna Icon and its name was changed to LiveTV.

You can rename this Input again and change its icon after selecting it either under Setup Input (after selecting it from "Inputs Not Being Used" or you can navigate to Settings/TV Inputs/Rename. (From here you can choose from pre-named selections and icons or choose to set custom name and icon.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102